Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Doing exactly what I want to do.

I'm where I want to be at the moment. Sitting at my computer. In a house. On a lake. I'd rather not be outdoors. It's 18 degrees. And windy. And snow is on the way. By morning. I'm immersed in thought. Comfortable, pleasant thought. Knowing that I'm in love. And that in three weeks I'll be in Italy. For the duration of winter. But I'm in no hurry to change the scene. Because I'm happy. No matter where I am. I savor each day. Knowing that I am alive. And conscious. And learning more about life. The meaningful stuff. I want this to go on forever. But if it doesn't, I'm not about to grieve. Because I have today. For which I am thankful. That's all I am guaranteed. This moment. And I'm doing exactly what I want to do. --Jim Broede

No comments: