Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The place is Sardinia.

I venture out. Into the world. Across the sea. Into countries where I have yet to master the language. But that doesn't stop me. Because I improvise. I find ways to communicate. With translators. With people that speak English. It's not nearly as good as speaking the native tongue. Fluently. But hey, I'm curious. And diligent. I find ways. Oh, so much I can glean. From a handful of people. From the environs. From music. From history. From culture. I observe. I ask questions. And I like to stay in one locale. For a long time. Not move on too quickly. I need time. To reflect. To ponder. In my true love's homeland. That makes it all significant. I'll be there. From mid-December to early March. Living. One day at a time. On an island in the Mediterranan Sea. The place is Sardinia. --Jim Broede

No comments: