Monday, November 22, 2010

Thoughts on love and loyalty.

I like being an American and living in Minnesota. But I also like other parts of the world. And I could easily adapt to living in a foreign country. Such as Germany, Scotland, Iceland and Italy. Ideally, I could divide my time between Minnesota and Italy. I'd welcome duo citizenships. Divided loyalties, so to speak. When it comes to a loving relationship, I'm a one-woman man. But when it comes to countries, please give me multiple choices. I approach love of another being in an unconditional and holy manner. But my love of country is conditional and unholy. That means I would never abandon my true love. But I would abandon my country under certain circumstances. That's just the way it is. My true love could do grievous wrong. But I would still stand by her. But if my country did wrong, I'd not stand for it. --Jim Broede

No comments: