Wednesday, December 8, 2010

As good as it gets.

Getting along with people that one doesn't like. I think that's an art form. Takes some real doing. Forces one to find common ground. I ask myself, why don't I like this person? Many reasons. But then I suggest that everyone must have a saving grace. Something likeable. That even goes for Hitler. Nobody can be all bad. Maybe only 99 percent. Often, I find something funny about people that strike me in a wrong way, in a bad way. If he/she makes me laugh, that's something to like. So I focus on the entertainment value. Someone may be a natural born comedian. For instance, take Sarah Palin. She's funny. Funny enough to be lampooned. Imagine Palin in the White House. As our esteemed president. Answering questions at a press conference. It'd be hilarious. I wouldn't miss it. I don't particularly like Palin or her politics. But I have to admit that her stand-up comedy schtick is about as good as it gets. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

lanapple said...

Yeah, she is clown.

Now to you. Why does a man of you age spend your money selfishly on your self and taking trips.

You have had a pretty good life and if you gave that money to young black kids, trying to get an education and climb out of the ghetto, it would be better spent.

I know you think you earned it, and I think you donate a little, but why not go all the way. Prove one man can make a difference.

Show all selfish racist republicans, that you know the way. Show you can stand the pain, to provide a better life for black children. Show us you can give up an old man's dreams, gained by your white privilege, to help those who are paying for your leisure.

Broede's Broodings said...

How about setting an example for me, Lana? Then let me know what you did. And I'll follow suit. Maybe we'll start a chain reaction. --Jim