Friday, January 21, 2011

I know what anger isn't.

I'm amused when people tell me I'm angry. Because I might sound angry. Really, I'm not. I may be annoyed. But it's been long, long ago that I was last angry. And I can't even remember what that was over. Seems to me anger is a lingering thing. It lasts and lasts and lasts. But annoyances are short-lived. They go away quickly. Become forgotten. An annoyance usually is petty or trivial. For instance, if someone refuses to do me a favor. When I ask for a favor. I soon recognize everyone's right to do as they please. Including not to grant me a favor. If I became angry over that, I'd be ashamed of myself. But I think it's all right to be annoyed. Maybe for a few minutes. I used to become angry. So I know anger. And I also know what it isn't. --Jim Broede

No comments: