Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sounds like he's a good Christian.

The other day, we couldn't turn the key in the ignition of my true love's tiny Fiat. No matter how hard we tried. I jiggled the key. I took it in and out. I even waited for a few hours. And tried again. Failure. Now if that happened in the USA, I'd have to call a tow truck, and have the vehicle hauled to a garage for repair. But here in Sardinia, my true love merely called a mechanic. And he came over. Got the car started. And took it to his place for repair. A new ignition system. Complete with new key. The whole thing cost 75 euros, 45 euros for parts and 30 euros for labor. I thought that was reasonable. I'd expect to pay double or triple that in America. Plus lord knows how much for the tow. So I have something else I like about Italy. My true love didn't know the mechanic's name. Despite having used him before. But I introduced myself, and made it a point to learn his name. Christian. Sounds to me like he's a good Christian. --Jim Broede

No comments: