Friday, January 21, 2011

To learn to accept ourselves.

My true love has a few grey hairs. That are beginning to show. When she doesn't get her hair dyed regularly. That bothers her. The fact that other people might spot her grey hair. But I keep telling her, that's nothing to be ashamed of. I've got grey hair. A mass of it. Thank gawd. That's far better than no hair at all. My true love has a beautiful head of hair. Thick. Buoyant. Other women might well kill for a head of hair like that. Sometimes, it resembles a lion's mane. So magnificent. Heck, if my true love let her entire head of hair become grey, it would still be magnificent. And even when her face ages, it'll still be beautiful. Maybe more beautiful than now. Because she seems to become more beautiful every day. I expect that trend to continue. Why not? And I also keep telling my true love to be less concerned about what other people think. About her. The important thing is what we think about ourselves. To learn to accept ourselves. As we are. --Jim Broede

No comments: