Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I don't want all that responsibility.

I like to have many thoughts on my mind. But I can focus on only one at a time. So I file away many, many thoughts. In writing. Far too many to remember. It's stimulating. To think. To be a conscious being. Aware. Able to conceive a thought. And mull it over. When I was younger. A teen-ager in high school. I think I had a lazy brain. I didn't want to think too much. Or maybe I was incapable of thinking a complex thought. Maybe I wasn't fully alive yet. Although there's no absolute proof that I am fully alive now. I may just think I am. Because I don't know any better. I acknowledge that I am stupid. I tell people that. And I'm not kidding. Because there's so much I don't know. But I'm inquisitive. I'm trying to discover what I don't know. I'd like to know everything. But then, that might be too much for me to handle. I'd be overwhelmed. And then I'd probably be god. And I don't want all that responsibility. --Jim Broede

No comments: