Saturday, February 12, 2011

Let's bring on the headbands.

My true love discourages me from wearing a headband here in Sardinia. Doesn’t prohibit it. Just simply discourages it. Guess because she doesn’t think it looks good on me. Or maybe it’s that seldom, if ever, does one see a Sardinian with a headband. Apparently, it’s not in fashion. But I see Sardinians wearing knit caps, which really are headbands attached to coverings of the top of one’s head. In fact, my true love occasionally wears a knit cap. Which is a shame. Because it covers her beautiful hair. Full, bountiful hair that resembles a lion’s mane. Anyway, she looks dazzling. No matter what she does or doesn’t wear. Meanwhile, I think I look all right with a headband. And I’d like to set a new fashion standard for Sardinian men. Yes, let’s bring on the headbands. –Jim Broede

No comments: