Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On becoming fully conscious.

I had a step-father. And he was more like my real biological father than my real biological father. Strange, isn't it? How life evolves. Things have a way of evening out. We may miss something in life. But often, we find it. In other ways. A little bit like love. I've discovered that there's no need to search for love. It just comes. Naturally. When one isn't looking. Often in unexpected ways. There are so many, many opportunities. For love, for instance. But maybe we're too blind at the time to recognize an opportunity. And we don't pursue it. Maybe because we don't keep our eyes and our heart open. I've had many blessings in my life. So many that I have recognized. But I suspect there have been many more. The ones I didn't recognize. To this very day. The point I wish to make is that many of us don't know what's going on. In our own lives. We have yet to become fully conscious. Maybe that applies to all of us. --Jim Broede

No comments: