Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sardinian food is too good.

I have a confession to make. I've put on 4 pounds in my two months in Sardinia. Which ain't all that bad, really. From 168 to 172. I still consider myself reasonably svelte. Maybe 6 or 7 pounds too heavy. But when I return to Minnesota, I'll probably need a thin coating of fat. To keep me warm. So I'm taking the weight gain in stride. Looking at it as a desirable thing. No need to lament. Anyway, I'm an exercise freak. Moreso in Minnesota than in Sardinia. If for no other reason that in Minnesota, I have to stay aerobically exercised. In order to stay warm. I'll go 40 miles a day on my bicycle. For an extended period of time. Or I'll walk 10 miles a day. And I'm more likely to skip breakfast or lunch. Can't do that in Sardinia. Because the food is very, very good. Maybe too good. --Jim Broede

No comments: