Friday, February 25, 2011

Steering my life in a stirring way.

I like to live life without a set plan. In other words, stay flexible. Consider the options. The alternatives. As they arise. And then take action. Often, impulsively. Yes, living one day at a time. Living in the moment. I'm doing that now. By writing. About the moment. Maybe an insignificant moment. But I'm searching for significance. Always am. I'm in Sardinia. Here because I took conscious action. By cultivating a loving relationship. With a Sardinian. What can be more significant than that? Makes me a man of action. I did what I wanted to do. Instead of merely dreaming about it. I don't know yet how this will affect the rest of my life. That's the wonderful part of living. Waiting to see. By living each day. And seeing how it unfolds. I like the glamour and the thought of it all. Maybe I'll do something bold. Something yet that I haven't even dreamed of. I'll consider all possibilities. And when it's time for action, I'll take it. Meanwhile, I'm gonna enjoy the significance of what I've already done. Steered my life in a stirring way. In a romantic direction. --Jim Broede

No comments: