Thursday, February 24, 2011

When I write, I am saved.

Writing. That may be my salvation. The written word pulls be through life. My written words. Especially at difficult times. Because when I write, I'm forced to think. I put thoughts on paper. Or on the computer screen. I can see the words. I can reflect on what I've written. And it's my creation. I think I could live without love. Although I'd hate to. But it would be more difficult for me to live without the ability to write. Without being able to record my thoughts. To know that I am alive. To be able to create words. My own meaningful words. My own thoughts. Loving thoughts, too. In that sense, I am never without love. As long as I have loving thoughts. I often end the day by writing a love letter. And when I spend part of the day writing, it's a successful day. No matter what else happens. Especially if I've written a love letter. And when I'm upset over something, I sit down and write. So that I can find the words that put my life in proper perspective. Usually, I determine that I have no valid reason to be upset. I merely over-reacted to a particular situation. --Jim Broede

No comments: