Friday, March 11, 2011

And risk going to hell.

Occasionally, I like to startle people. By going out of character. Spoofing. For instance, yesterday I pretended to assume the role of being negative. A complainer. Right here in this blog. To see how people react. I like to wonder. How many people will take me seriously. When I’m really not serious at all. I suspect some personalities in the media do that. They develop a schtick. They really aren’t what they seem. Such as ardent, rampant conservatives. Ones that have gone off the deep end. Just to make a name for themselves. To attract attention. Even notoriety. Because they want to become a celebrity. Or to make money. They become rich and famous that way. Because people are gullible. They believe ‘em. Take for instance, Glenn Beck. Rush Limbaugh. Ann Coulter. They can’t be real. Nobody could be quite that absurd. But then again, maybe they started out with their acts. Only to start believing it. And actually becoming that personality. Full-fledged idiots. Sometimes, I wanna feel what that’s like. So yesterday, I intentionally assumed the role of an idiot. For a little while. Just to see how many people fell for it. And believe me, many do. The scary thing is that if I play the role often enough, maybe I become a Beck, Limbaugh or Coulter. And risk going to hell. –Jim Broede

No comments: