Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's crap in any language.

I’m watching less TV since I’ve returned from three months in Italy. Which means less exposure to American politics. And it’s a welcome relief. I got used to living without American politics in Italy. Instead, it was Italian politics. And I learned that politics are politics are politics. Nasty. Crappy. No matter where one happens to be. I don’t speak or understand much Italian. But I didn’t have to. Because gibberish is the same. In any language. It all sounds like gibberish. Politicians and pundits trying to talk louder than each other. Shouting. Rude. Looking and acting like clowns. Idiots. And I wondered, why do we even have the TV turned on? It’s punishment. Self-inflicted. Turn it off. Go for a walk. Read a book. Have a nice conversation with one’s true love. Political talk on TV isn’t informative. Or entertaining. It’s a waste of time. So many better things to do. I’ve had enough of the political bullshit. Doesn’t matter whether it’s Italian or American. It’s still bullshit in any language. –Jim Broede

No comments: