Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Living my dreams.

I don’t mean to alarm myself or anyone when I suggest that time may be running out for me. I’m just being a realist. Momentarily. Life becomes more perilous when one grows old. Not many of us make it into our 90s. And people that survive into their 80s often are ill. They lose it physically or mentally, or both. All I’m doing is advocating living to the fullest. While one can still do it. Don’t put off living. While one still has healthy life. That not only goes for a 75-year-old man. But for anyone at any age. Normally, I don’t look very far ahead. Because when I do, I see my demise. An end to the good life. I don’t lament over the day I’ll be gone. Because I’m so busy living now. Today. This moment. That way I don’t have to be a realist. Instead, I can be a dreamer. Living my dreams. --Jim Broede

No comments: