Friday, March 18, 2011

A matter of societal obligation.

I’ve lived a sheltered life, I suppose. Because I haven’t ever really suffered. Not been in a war. Haven’t experienced a natural disaster. Such as an earthquake. No devastating illness. I’ve lost loved ones. Which is to be expected if one lives for three-quarters of a century. I read about all kinds of things going wrong in the world. By natural means. And by man-made means. But it’s from a distance. From my shelter, I guess. I wonder how many of us are so lucky. Personally, I think we all deserve to be lucky. That’s why I’d like to work for the common good. To make it possible for the less fortunate to live somewhat sheltered lives. I want to make it more than a matter of luck. More a matter of societal obligation. –Jim Broede

No comments: