Monday, March 7, 2011

They always wear a cloak.

I like to make people nervous. At least a little bit nervous. By probing. By asking questions. Which may prompt some beings to wonder, 'What's he up to?' In a sense, I like to strip people. Force them to walk naked. To reveal themselves. And to do that, I often find it necessary to become naked myself. To show that my intentions are good. Seems to me that nakedness begets nakedness. Honesty begets honesty. So often people hide behind masks. Or facades. That's a shame. Maybe they say they are trying to protect their privacy. But generally, I think that's bogus. They are merely afraid to go naked into the world. And to be their true selves. Many people are not what they appear to be. And that's what I want to find out. It may not be that they intentionally hide their identities. But more a case of not really knowing their identities. They've never looked at themselves in a naked way. They always wear a cloak. --Jim Broede

No comments: