Sunday, March 27, 2011

Winter from my perspective.

I’m assuming that the snow removal budget has been depleted in my small town. Because my side street hasn’t been plowed since the last big snowfall about week ago. The road is still passable. Despite the rutted ridges of ice and snow. Mixed in with slush and slop. I’m even able to walk. But it’s too treacherous to ride my bicycle. Unless I walk the bike out to the main county road. That’s been plowed. I’m told we’ve had one of the nastiest winters ever here. I take people’s word for that. Because I spent most of the winter away. In Sardinia. An Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea. Where there are cacti and palm trees and an absence of snow and freezing temperatures. Makes me chuckle. That I had to miss a few blizzards. And extended periods of sub-zero temperatures. I just tell local folks that winter doesn’t seem too bad so far. From my perspective. –Jim Broede

No comments: