Thursday, May 5, 2011

Am I fooled or fueled?

Occasionally, I wonder if I’m merely imagining life. My life. That’s all it is. A figment of imagination. I’m not real. Nobody is real. It’s an exploration into the imaginary realm. I was born with an imagination. Nothing else. And then it was up to me to imagine a world. A creation. So that I wouldn’t be alone. Wouldn’t be lonely. Imagine that. Everything around me is imaginary. I’ve created it. Just as if I were god. We’re all creators. Built in the image of god. With vivid imaginations. Able to create and do anything we imagine. In my world, the rest of you aren’t any more real than my imagination allows. You wouldn’t exist if I hadn’t created you. Imaginatively. For me to do anything, I have to imagine it. Even my own death. But at the same time, I can imagine living forever. Which means I can die and live forever. Simultaneously. Really, I am fueled by my imagination. You doubters will say that I’m fooled. Rather than fueled. –Jim Broede

No comments: