Sunday, May 1, 2011

I wanna be aware of my existence.

Some days I forget to remind myself that I am an alive and conscious human being. So, I’m gonna write myself a note. And post it on my computer. With such a reminder. Because if I don’t actively think such a thought, I might go about my daily living on a too routine basis. More like a robot. A zombie. Just doing things without reflecting on the fact that I’m very much alive. And conscious, too. But I have to think about being conscious. Because that makes me more aware. Actually, makes me conscious. Of just what I’m doing. Otherwise, I sometimes catch myself going through motions. That ain’t good. I must spend more time knowing that I’m alive. Fully alive. And functioning. And that I am controlling my actions. That I am making choices. My own choices. I’m wondering if people around me know that they are alive. Living beings. Or if they’re merely on cruise control. Or automatic pilot. I have occasional days like that. But want to be always fully and consciously aware of my actions. And of my existence. Otherwise, I might as well be dead. –Jim Broede

No comments: