Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm happy. And having fun.

I’m having fun. Because I’m truly living today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. I’m living this moment. Sitting at the computer. Thinking. Writing. For my blog. I don’t call it a journal. Instead, a nomenclature I never heard of not so many years ago. A blog. An expressive invention of the modern age. It’s an opportunity to publish. On the Internet. A relative handful of people visit the blog. Regularly. Or spasmodically. I know. Because there’s a counter. With 43,000-some hits so far. Hits every day. Maybe 30, 40 or 50. It’s variable. And I get comments. And 10 people who have registered as ‘followers.’ Guess that’s another name for readers. Anyway. Like I said at the outset. I’m having fun. Writing in a unique way. Because I have the opportunity. I write letters, too. Emails. That’s one of my favorite pastimes. Linking me to friends and other interesting people. Across the globe. Yes, I have an audio/video connection. With people all over the world. I can see them in living color. Talk to ‘em face to face. Amazing. So many technical advances. And there are more to come. An endless array of personalities. Connections. I don’t like everything going on in the world. I’d remake our political, economic and social systems. If I could. But I can’t. I don’t have that much power. And I’m not sure that I’d want to. Because then I’d have to start playing god. Which might be all right in a play. A thinking man’s play. But I really wouldn’t want to be god. I’d rather be me. And this blog is helping me do that. It’s giving me a personality. A new dimension. An outreach. Sort of like god, in a way. Because it makes me a creator. Of the written word. Of thought. And links me to the world. Outside. And inside. I’m even linked to Italy. To the island of Sardinia. In the Mediterranean Sea. Where I live part of the year. With my true love. And she comes to live with me, too. In Minnesota. And we travel together. It’s a nice way to live. And once again, I’m happy. And having fun. I’m alive. And conscious. And in love. At this very moment. Can’t ask for more than that. –Jim Broede

No comments: