Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm solitary. And analytical, too.

I’m a solitary man. Or what might be called a lone wolf. By nature. By inclination. And by solitary, I mean I’m able to rely on myself. And I can live alone. And thrive. Not everybody can do that. Doesn’t mean I choose to live alone. I choose to cultivate a close, loving relationship. Because that’s when I’m at my best. My happiest. But I’m fully capable of living alone. Of even going without close friends. A true loner. But I know that’s not the best course for me. Even though I could do it. And thrive. Fact is that I am fiercely independent. And maybe that’s what makes me solitary. And a loner. I like being independent. And I like people who are independent. My true love happens to be very independent. Has a mind of her own. And she’s capable of being solitary, too. But not as solitary as me. She needs nourishing. From another. More than I need nourishing. I’m more able to nourish myself. To survive fully on my own. That is, if I have to. But I don’t have to. I come to conclusions like this. Because I’m also very analytical. –Jim Broede

No comments: