Thursday, May 26, 2011

The know-it-alls scare me.

We have too many people in the world that know it all. Or act as if they know it all. When, in reality, nobody knows it all. Not even god himself. Yet every day, I tune in people who tell me they know it all. They tell me on radio and TV and in the newspapers and in the halls of Congress. I’m inundated by people that profess to know it all. And I know better. They don’t know it all. But don’t try to tell them that. Because they are convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that they know it all. That’s why they won’t sit down and work with each other. Because they come from a perspective that they know it all. And if anybody tells them that ain’t true, they don’t believe it. They prefer to think that they know it all. And that’s why the world is in difficult shape. Because it’s being taken over by the know-it-alls. Rather scary, isn’t it? –Jim Broede

No comments: