Saturday, May 14, 2011

My own little world.

Seems to me the world needs a new approach to dealing with everything. A shake-up, of sorts. Because I don’t think that, generally speaking, the common good is being served. Instead, it’s the good of a relative few. Corrupt capitalists. Selfish hoarders. Which makes for an ever-widening gap between the rich and the poor. We have economic, political and social systems geared to benefit a ruling elite. Money-grubbers. In essence, we need a better and more sensible distribution of wealth. Yes, I keep coming back to the same theme. Serving the common good. And we don’t come close to that now. It ain’t right. It ain’t moral. We have gotten to where we are now under the guise of personal freedom. Allowing the individual to do pretty much as he pleases. I’m not so sure that’s best for society. Because that allows the selfish to reign. The exploiters. The manipulators. The defenders of rampant capitalism. The Wall Street barons. I know it’s gonna take a long, long time to bring about significant change. That people like me will have to put up with life as it is. Finding consolation in our personal lives. For me, that means practicing being a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. Able to retreat to my cocoon. And create my own little world. –Jim Broede

No comments: