Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So that I can have my say.

I have to sit down at the computer. And write. Something. Some thought. That’s part of my daily ritual. Sort of a relief valve. Gives me satisfaction. That I’m able to think. Certainly better than keeping my mind blank. And I’ve put on music. A CD. Several composers. Barber. Britten. And a Japanese fella I never heard of. The Tokyo String Quartet is playing. And I’m finishing a novel. Cosima. By the Sardinian writer, Grazia Deledda. Sixteen pages to go. I have to finish the book today. Because it’s to be returned to the Forest Lake library. It’s on loan from a university library. Can’t be renewed. Of course, I could ignore the deadline. No penalty. No fine. But today I’m in a mood to follow the library rules. But I’ll find ways to break other rules. Ones that rub me the wrong way. I like to be defiant. Always have. Maybe that’s why I write. So that I can have my say. About anything. –Jim Broede

No comments: