Friday, May 20, 2011

Total nakedness.

I think my friends tend to drift away. Or maybe it’s that I drift away. I’m not sure. Guess it’s that I tend to focus. On one particular friend. On my true love. Otherwise, I find myself spread thin. Too thin. Funny thing about human relationships. They must be cultivated. Kept alive. But how does one do it all? One can do only so much in a lifetime. Turns out that I need forever. Or maybe it’s a case that I desire forever. And I like to go on the assumption that I have forever. Which prompts me to take my time. To not hurry. To take full advantage of the moment. Now. Now. Now. I don’t have any difficulty choosing my focus. Because I’m drawn. Naturally. To my true love. I guess I’ve always needed a true love. That’s when I’m happiest. There’s a singularity about it. A one-on-oneness. Total exposure. Total nakedness. –Jim Broede

No comments: