Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Doing what comes naturally.

I’m a romantic idealist in large part because I have a true love. To fully live as a romantic idealist, I need her. And she needs me. In a sense, we make each other romantic idealists. We are each others’ catalysts. She encourages me. I encourage her. I suppose that even without her I could be construed as a romantic idealist. More in theory than in practice. But with her, I can live romantic dreams. Make them real. The same goes for her. It’s the way we relate to each other. The way we express ourselves. We need each other. In order to make the connection. Which makes us more full. More balanced. We blend our circumstances. We are learning to accept each other. As we are. And as we want to be. We’ve evolved. Together. These last three years. Going on four. I’m able to confide in her. In a way that’s necessary. To be a romantic idealist. By the way, I’m still defining the term. It can be sort of elusive. Maybe it can't be totally pinned down. Maybe I should quit even trying to define it. And just live. In the natural flow. Doing what comes naturally. --Jim Broede

No comments: