Sunday, June 5, 2011

I want a meaningful life.

I like it when my life is sailing along. More or less on even keel. No sharp ups or downs. Just somewhere in the middle. A nice smooth flow. It’s then that I feel I have a good grasp on life. I can lean back. And reflect. Savor each day. Each moment. Harder to do that if one is excessively high. Or excessively low. In some ways, I’m an extremist. I go against the grain. I march to my own drummer. But I also need to be in the middle. Well-balanced. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. That’s my most natural groove. Because it gives me time to think. Yes, I need thinking time. In order to get the most out of life. I need to give meaning to the happenings of the day. I want a meaningful life. That’s why I write. To find meaning. To create meaning. In words. –Jim Broede

No comments: