Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Living. And loving it all.

I make up my mind to like whatever it is I’m doing. Might as well enjoy it. Even if it’s a chore around the house. I find a way to get satisfaction. Pleasure. Rarely do I tell myself it’s something I don’t want to tackle. Generally, it’s something that needs doing. Today I bicycled 34 miles. The last 14 miles in a driving rain. But that didn’t stop me. And I thought, by golly, that rain feels good on my face. And the exercise relaxed me. Made me feel energized. Earlier in the day, I was gardening. Took off my gloves. So that I could feel the dirt in my hands. And a tiny frog hopped on top of my hand. Startled me. But it felt good. Touching the dirt. Touching the frog. Some people tell me that they are frustrated by having to do so many things that they dislike. But I don’t have that problem. I’ve made up my mind. To enjoy life. To savor whatever it is I am doing. Living. And loving it all. –Jim Broede

No comments: