Friday, June 10, 2011

Maybe they sort of liked me.

I consider myself quite likeable. And that if someone doesn’t like me, that’s their problem. Could be that they’re blind. Or just plain stupid. Which means I can’t do much about it. They’ll just have to languish. And get on with the rest of their lives by ignoring or forgetting me. Or just reminding themselves that they don’t like me. Which would be an utter waste of their time. Used to be that I had a handful of ‘snob ladies’ that constantly barraged me with negative comments. Some of ‘em indecent and unprintable in a reputable blog. Fortunately they got tired of insulting me, and went away. Or maybe some of ‘em died. Can’t say that I miss ‘em. But still, I did appreciate them. As case studies. In what makes people tick. And I’ve come to a conclusion. That in their inimitable ways, maybe they sort of liked me. –Jim Broede

No comments: