Friday, July 29, 2011

I try to create my own world.

I have had my fill of American politicians. At every level of government. But especially in Washington. Unfortunately, the higher up one goes on the political ladder, the worse it gets. Yes, I know I’ve been saying this forever and ever. I’d like to put the whole system on the scrap heap. And start all over. Finding a way to get decent people to run for political office. We do get some at the local level. But the good ones get a sour taste in their mouths. And decide they want out. Rather than having to sell their souls. The ones that put their souls up for sale, advance to higher levels of power. So sad. The worst of the worst make it to the top. Because they know how to lie and cheat. And the common good be damned. And we Americans put up with it. Some of us even naively declare that the American system of government is the best in the world. What a horrid, misguided thought. Then just imagine the worst. Meanwhile, nothing is done about it. Because most people are like me. We know we have no say. No power. We are virtually helpless. So I retreat to my cocoon. And attempt to create my own world. –Jim Broede

No comments: