Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm playing with life. Having fun.

I gotta admit, I have an underlying urge to alienate people. Maybe it’s the devil in me. I like doing it. Because that draws some people out. They let loose with their feelings. That maybe I’m being unfair. Or arrogant. But that’s the nature of life. A high degree of unfairness. And we have to learn to deal with it. So, when I alienate people, I help them practice. Coping. With the unfairness. Because I’m being somewhat unfair. Playing the role of the devil’s advocate. But one thing about me. I still try to be a good-natured devil. Often filling the role in a humorous manner. Because ultimately my goal is to make people laugh. At me. And at themselves. To take life less seriously. I prod them to do this. And initially they sometimes don’t see that. They think I’m being mean. Or being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. And sometimes that’s true. Guess I see no harm in that. I’m playing with life. Having fun. –Jim Broede

No comments: