Friday, August 26, 2011

From one paradise to another.

I welcome the coming of autumn. Especially when the first signs arrive in late August. Here in Minnesota. Tonight I opened the east windows. And the air had the scent of autumn. Cool. Drifting in from the marshlands across the road. Almost a chill. But comfortable. And I'm reminded that by the time my birthday arrives on 9/11, the overnight temperatures have more often than not turned the lake water too cool for bathing. But still, the months of September and October can be Minnesota's best. Not too warm. Not too cool. Just plain pleasant. But still, I won't be sticking around for a complete autumn. Instead, I'm returning to Sardinia and the Mediterranean Sea. Probably before October. Without complaint. Because I'll be moving from one paradise to another. --Jim Broede

No comments: