Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yes, this is life.

Maybe it’s that I’ve learned to accept my fate. And like it. Because maybe I don’t have a choice. So I might as well accept it. Make the most and best of it. I’m not sure if that’s what I really believe. But it is. At the moment. And I know that things can change. From moment to moment. One doesn’t know what the future holds. Even though it may be pre-determined. But I’m not privy to the future. And I’m not sure I’d want to be. Although I think I know that I’m gonna die. Some day. But then, maybe I won’t. Maybe I’ll have an eternal life. Though it may not be in human form. Guess I shouldn’t discount anything. Even the fact that I may not be real. I could just be a random thought flitting through the universe. An imagined universe. I’m used to seeing thoughts that evaporate. Into the mist. Never to be seen again. At least by me. I often think that I’m thinking. Consciously. And that’s amazing. I even think I have flesh. A body. A vessel. But my thought – well, it doesn’t seem to have a physical existence. Although I’m capable of putting the thought into written words. On paper. On a computer screen. In something called language. It all seems fantastic. Yes, this is life. –Jim Broede

No comments: