Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I never go a day without...

I have told my Italian true love that she must allow me to feed my addiction to bicycling when I come to Sardinia this autumn. It's a nice form of exercise. Better for me than extensive walking. Though I will continue to walk. A whole lot. Especially with my true love. Down the streets in Sardinian towns. And on the many Mediterranean beaches. I want to purchase a used bicycle. My true love is supposed to be making inquiries now. There are some bicycle trails in Sardinia. And in the town of Carbonia, where I will be living. Not many trails. But all I need is one decent trail. Even if it's only a mile or two long. I can go back and forth. I'll do my bicycling and some writing and practicing my Italian when my true love is teaching school. I have put on 5,992 miles on my bicycle since April. Today (Wednesday) I will eclipse 6,000 miles. And believe me, that isn't over-doing it. I am a man of moderation. And it is exercise that keeps me alive and healthy. And svelte. I am trying to set a good example for the rest of humanity. I have shortcomings. But adequate exercise isn't one of 'em. And I mean both physical and mental exercise. Though I could do better with some of my mental efforts. Especially in learning to speak Italian. But don't expect wonders/miracles. Physical exercise comes easier than mental exercise. I have more physical endurance than most people my age. Because I work out daily. Same goes for mental exercise. I never go a day without writing. And thinking. --Jim Broede

No comments: