Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It all comes naturally.

I suppose it's possible to be different people. Merely by becoming an actor. I wonder if many of us do that. Especially if we don't know who or what we are. So we test the waters. We climb on the world stage. And go at it. Different fits. That's why I encourage people in depression to become actors. To act happy, for instance. To play a role. To see how it feels. I wonder why people become actors. Maybe it's that they don't like being themselves. So they are looking for a new self. They may even try to change their essence. Or maybe it's that we don't have essences. We have to create 'em. Maybe that's how god designed us. To be actors. To be whatever we wanna be. Seems to me that I have opportunities to choose my role. So very many. Nice guy. Bad guy. Intelligent fella. Stupid. I've tested so many roles. But what I like best. Well, that's being a romantic idealist. A spiritual free thinker. A political liberal. A lover. And another thing. I'm always in the pursuit of happiness. And I prefer living in Paradise. With my true love. And believe me. That takes no acting. It all comes naturally. --Jim Broede

No comments: