Thursday, September 22, 2011

My connection makes me feel whole.

I'm not gonna bring about any significant change in society. For that matter, maybe not even an insignificant change. I don't have that power. The one thing I can change is myself. My way of thinking. I can learn to adapt to almost anything. And be reasonably happy. I guess the word is acceptance. I adjust to the rest of the world. Even to things I dislike. Sometimes, by isolating myself. Creating a cocoon. My own little world. Insane people can often do that. They live in pretend worlds. Except I don't consider myself insane. Instead, I choose to be sane. And that makes the rest of you crazy. You are the inmates of the asylum. And I'm the overseer. The guy running the show. I've seized control. I refuse to be dominated. I'm free. As a bird. I'm able to soar into another dimension. Yes, I am creative. Very much like a god. Oh, I'm not a god. But I answer to a god. The god that created me. I have a direct connection. And that makes me feel whole. --Jim Broede

No comments: