Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And definitely in love.

I can take sunshine. But dense, dark clouds can be nice, too. For instance, today on a Mediterreanean beach in Sardinia, overcast skies moved in. And I thought, how nice. It was welcome relief from a burning sun. But my true love felt a bit chilled. She craved the sunshine. And I crave whatever I can get. I'll make the most and best of it. Especially when I'm in love. Everything becomes a delight. Amazing, isn't it? I have yet to experience a bad day at the seaside. Even last year in the middle of a Sardinian winter. After all, winter ain't that bad. It hardly ever snows in Sardinia. And even the coldest of temperatures where I'm living hardly ever dip below freezing. So nothing fazes me. It's all tolerable. For me, that is. Even when my true love may be bothered a little by a temperature of 65 degrees. Nothing is perfect, I suppose. But I ain't gonna fret over it. I'm even gonna enjoy life's imperfections. If for no other reason than I can't do much, if anything, about it. Even when I'm back in Minnesota and the temperature dips to 30 below zero, I'm gonna take it in stride. Without cussing. That's mellow me. Laid back. A cool cat. Easy going. And definitely in love. --Jim Broede

No comments: