Friday, October 21, 2011

The best way to learn.

I like talkers. Especially people willing to talk about virtually anything. Any subject. Because that gives me an opportunity to talk. To respond. To react. To argue/debate. Fact is, I can out-talk just about anyone. I've been talking almost non-stop since the day I was born. I came out of the womb talking. My own language. My mouth was made to eat. And to talk. Of course, I find it difficult talking and eating at the same time. But when pressed, I can do both of 'em simultaneously. I didn't particularly like my teachers in elementary and high school. Because they seemed to lecture more than encourage class discussions. That changed in college. So very many of my classes became bull sessions. We talked about ideas. Right and left. It was very stimulating. I acknowledge that it's sometimes nice to shut up and just listen. But more often than not, I need real good conversation. That's the best way to learn. --Jim Broede

No comments: