Saturday, November 12, 2011

How I make myself cheerful.

My true love wonders why I'm so cheerful in the morning. Especially just after I get up. Of course, I tell her that I'm naturally cheerful. Hasn't she noticed? I see no reason not to be cheerful. Mainly because I have a true love. Which means I'm in love. And there's no better reason than that to be cheerful. My true love admits to not always being cheerful. Especially in the morning. Because sometimes, it's hard getting started. One tends to be groggy in the morning. But not me. And even if I'm groggy, I'm cheerfully groggy. No excuses. Occasionally, I come across people who don't like me being cheerful. That especially goes for people in depression. Some of 'em tell me that makes them sadder. Because they see a huge contrast between my cheerfulness and their depression. But still, I make an effort to cheer 'em up. Maybe that makes me mean. Maybe I should merely console them in an uncheerful way. I suppose that if I'm totally honest, I'd have to admit that I'm not always cheerful. If I have a toothache, for instance. Or if a Republican becomes president. That would make me very sad. Maybe put me into a state of depression. But then I'd remind myself that I'm living in Sardinia, and not the USA, with my true love. That would immediately offset my depression. And make me cheerful again. --Jim Broede

No comments: