Sunday, November 13, 2011

I want to live my own story.

I try to take charge of my life. By doing the things I want to do. Such as falling in love. And moving to Sardinia. To be with my true love. That makes me a man of action. Seems to me that many people think about doing what they'd like to do. But they never get around to doing it. Actually living their dreams. When I was much younger, I thought about moving to New Zealand. Never did. I wonder how much different my life would have been if I had picked up and gone. Lived the dream. Turns out I had other dreams. Some of which I lived. I've always dreamed that I wanted to live a storybook life. Living in sort of a novel. Only making it real. Non-fiction. I'm doing that. Of course, as a writer, I could concoct a story. And write it. In novel form. But that isn't nearly as good as living it. I like love stories. But I want my story to be my own story. The one I lived. --Jim Broede

No comments: