Saturday, November 12, 2011

Jubilantly happy, in fact.

My Italian true love laments. Because Sardinia doesn't have the autumn colors. But you won't find me lamenting. Because Sardinia has gorgeous colors. Year-round. Mostly green. And more green. But also blooming flowers. If it's not one kind of flower, it's another. Of course, I could lament. Because Sardinia doesn't have the white of winter. No snow. I have to endure a winter without snow and ice and freezing temperatures. Instead, I'm gonna have to look at colorful flowers. All winter. And another thing. I'll have to look into my true love's beautiful brown eyes. This fall. This winter. Next spring. And summer, too. I wonder if I'll be able to put up with the monotony of the same color eyes. Every season of the year. This year. And next. And for many more years to come. Guess I'll find a way. And be happy. Jubilantly happy, in fact. --Jim Broede

No comments: