Monday, November 28, 2011

No time for dilly-dallying.

If I really wanna do something, I do it. No sense in dilly-dallying. Just do it. Get on with life. Doing what's necessary to keep one alive and functioning and happy. So many people are dilly-dalliers. They dream about this or that. But that's all it ever becomes. An unfulfilled dream. No action. Maybe it's a sign that they really don't wanna live their dreams. Because it would be impractical. Too difficult. Always an excuse. I personally wanna be a romantic idealist. Really do. Therefore, I live each day. Trying to do something that meets my romantic ideals. Therefore, I am going to Rome tomorrow with my true love. For five days. I also want her to come with me to Germany in December. For five days. To visit my dear German relatives. She'd rather not. Because she has other commitments. Other obligations. But I so very much want to visit. To cultivate family ties. So I'm going. Alone. Because I must. Because I have to. In order to fully live my romantic ideals. That's the way it goes with me. I've left the USA. To live in Sardinia. With my true love. Sure, I'm 76. Maybe time to stay at home in Minnesota. Dilly-dallying. But to hell with that. I'm gonna live. The way I wanna live. As Jim Broede, the romantic idealist. Just the way it's gonna be. Right up to the end. --Jim Broede

No comments: