Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The soul -- as endless space.

I'm my own man. In that I do pretty much as I please. Probably 98 percent of the time. Even as a romantic idealist. I give in sometimes. Compromise a little bit. For the sake of being romantic. But other times, I have to force the issue. For the sake of personal integrity. I have to always be true to myself. Doing the right thing. That's where I draw the line. On doing the right thing. The best thing for the whole shebang, so to speak. For the common good. Maybe that means some individuals don't get what they want. But sobeit. I don't always get what I want. A perfect world. No such thing. I cultivate very good and amiable relationships. Even occasional truly loving relationships. As close to perfection as one can get. Without fully achieving it. Maybe I experience moments of near-perfection. Things to savor for a lifetime. Moments that bring me tranquility. And peace. Of mind and spirit. Only when I dig deep into myself. And into another. Thing is, I have the wherewithal to only penetrate my soul all the way. Not another. And then I can't even be sure about my own soul. Maybe it's all a delusion. Maybe one's soul exists in an abyss. Like the cosmos. Like all of creation. Maybe there is no bottom. No top. No boundaries. Just endless space. --Jim Broede

No comments: