Thursday, November 10, 2011

We Minnesotans are a tough lot.

I was out walking the streets at 8:30 this morning. In the city of Carbonia. In Sardinia. And I was wearing a shortsleeved shirt. Because it seemd like a summer day. To me. Maybe because I'm a Minnesotan. A temperature in the low 60s seems balmy. Especially on Nov. 10. But I noticed I was the only one in shortsleeves. Guess the natives in Paradise consider the low 60s a chill. Maybe because they are spoiled. They've had it too good all of their lives. No snow. And very rarely a freezing temperature. Therefore, the low 60s signals time to don a sweater or jacket. We Minnesotans would consider wearing shorts and lying out in the sunshine. To get a tan. We don't wanna be seen in long sleeves on a day like this. --Jim Broede

No comments: