Monday, December 26, 2011

Give me stress-free soccer.

Life is far less stressful for me in Sardinia than the USA. Because half of the time I don't know what's going on anymore. In the realm of politics, for instance. I've lost track of the Republican aspirants for president. I rarely see English language television. And I don't miss it in the least. And when it comes to sports, I find myself weaning off the Chicago Bears. Often, I don't check the scores until days after the game has been played. Doesn't matter to me that the Bears have lost five straight games. It's ho-hum stuff. I'd rather watch soccer. No stress. Because I don't care who wins. Though I'm more partial to Italians than to other European teams. I'm still an avid Chicago Cubs fan. And I'll return in time to take spring training with the Cubs in Arizona. In March. But that ain't stressful. It's very relaxing. --Jim Broede

No comments: