Sunday, January 8, 2012

Any and every thing is possible.

I like to talk about life. Maybe it's my favorite subject. Because I think life is wonderful. There's nothing I'd rather be. Than alive. Seems odd to me that my father committed suicide. In his 38th year. He didn't want to live. And here I am, cherishing life. Wanting to live forever. Odd that we came from the same gene pool. But then, maybe my father went crazy. Maybe he didn't know what he was doing. But I suspect even crazy people have an idea of what they are doing. I'm sort of crazy. And I relish the craziness. I want to be crazy. In love, for instance. There are all kinds of crazy. Some of 'em very nice. Maybe my father was crazy enough to believe there was life after physical death. A spiritual life. Something even more wondrous than the physical. And he wanted a taste of it. I don't rule anything out. That's the nature of life. As I see it. Any and every thing is possible. --Jim Broede

No comments: