Saturday, January 21, 2012

The bad get their just deserts.

I know people that see the bad/sad side to everything. The eternal pessimists. But I see something good about these people. Because they make me laugh. In essence, make me feel good. Because they are so funny. They are predictable. Which has given me opportunity to learn to cope with 'em. Oh, I'm perfectly capable of seeing the bad side, too. Especially when it comes to the realm of politics. But once again, every politician makes me laugh. Take the Republican aspirants for president, for instance. Every last one of 'em is a natural born comedian. A fool. Entertaining, to say the least. Of course, there's always a chance that one of 'em could get elected. But even then, I don't worry. Maybe it would mean the decline and fall of the American Empire. But hey, empires come and go. That's the natural way of history. No empire ever lasts forever. I'm living in Italy now. Where the Roman Empire used to reign supreme. Now Italia in many ways is the laughing stock of the world. Maybe soon to be replaced by America. That's good. Not bad. Because that's a sign that the bad get their just deserts. --Jim Broede

No comments: