Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gotta pick and choose.

I find that the world is the world. It is what it is. Some things, I can change. Usually my attitude about this or that. Acceptance of what I can't change. And work for change of things I can change. And then, don't lose sleep over the things I can't change. And I set my priorities. Knowing that I can't possibly get around to everything that I can change. I try to deal with the stuff that's most important. To me. I avoid feeling overwhelmed. Because that does no good. Just drags me down to where I don't wanna be. Also, when someone calls to solicit money or support for something or other, I often say, 'No. I prefer to give my money and support to Alzheimer's. Because my dear wife died of Alzheimer's.' That makes life and decisonmaking simpler. I can't be all things to all people and to all causes. Gotta pick and choose. --Jim Broede

No comments: